Motoman Manufacturing Efficiency Audit
Motoman is committed to providing our customers with the latest automation solutions for increasing overall manufacturing productivity. In order to achieve this, we have put together the Motoman Productivity Assessment Team (MPAT). This team is made up experienced personnel who specialize in performing Manufacturing Efficiency Audits. Such an audit consists of a set of valuable services offered to evaluate opportunities that will further improve production efficiencies for our customers.
The MPAT performs an on-site assessment of your plant, investigates the performance of agreed-upon areas and completes a productivity analysis designed to identify opportunities to add value, reduce costs, eliminate headaches, and/or increase quality. Included in the analysis will be our recommendations for improving process performance and increasing throughput to reduce costs for increased profits.
What Are the Benefits?
- Identify manufacturing constraints that cause a lag in production capacity
- Highlight opportunities to expand product range by improving production flexibility of existing equipment
- Pinpoint opportunities to reduce manufacturing costs
- Recognize methods to increase process accuracy and yield
- Define opportunities to increase quality
How It Works:
- MPAT begins the audit by discussing your company’s production environment with your business’s core personnel. The focus of the discussion will be to identify your plant’s general business goals and to learn more about daily difficulties. Based on this discussion, MPAT will work with you to develop an investigation plan for plant improvement opportunities.
- MPAT will tour your plant to gain an understanding of your business’s manufacturing systems and processes. This also provides your team an opportunity to point out specific areas of concern.
- Identify specific areas that require additional investigation.
- MPAT outlines specific areas for analysis based on information gained during the Discovery phase.
- MPAT conducts a thorough evaluation of the selected production processes, defines the key variables and identifies potential opportunities for improvement.
- MPAT provides a summary of our findings.
- Open discussion between customer and MPAT based on findings
- Further examination of findings to consolidate into an audit synopsis. MPAT anticipates that the audit synopsis will be delivered to your team about two weeks after the plant visit. Synopsis will include:
- Summary of the opportunities identified and the recommended solution
- Rough order-of-magnitude estimate of the costs of the solution
- Key drivers behind the value proposition of the solution.
- If results are promising, MPAT will return to present the solutions in detail to your team and continue to move the process forward towards identifying a feasible solution.
Contact your Motoman representative today to discuss how we can improve your productivity.