Motoman Robots Arc Welding Steel Cabinets and Doors
Flexible robot system welds two different sizes of pre-tacked steel cabinets, including doors. System welds parts in well under the required cycle time. Robotic welding improves productivity, welding consistency and part quality. NOTE: Prior to implementing robot cell, customer was out-sourcing production to China, but was having quality issues. Robotic welding cell improved welding and overall quality, enabling production to be brought in-house.
- Provide flexible system to weld two different sizes of pre-tacked steel cabinets, including doors.
- Achieve cycle time of approximately 3-4 minutes per part.
- Improve productivity, weld consistency and part quality.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided an ArcWorld II-6200HD DR2C system, including:
- (2) Motoman EA1400N robots with NX100 DR2C controllers.
- (2) Robot base risers.
- (2) Miller Auto Axcess 300-Amp welding packages, including dual robot touch-sense.
- (2) Motoman Tough Gun® air-cooled torch packages.
- Reamer/sprayer nozzle cleaning station with wire cutter mounted on accessory stand.
- Motoman MRM2-500TX headstock/tailstock positioner with 500-kg (1,102.5-lb) capacity per side, balanced within 250 kg (551.3 lbs); 4-5-second sweep time; 0-30 rpm tooling index time; and positional accuracy of ± 0.1 mm (0.004") within the tooling envelope.
- Custom fixture package.
- Operator station mounted on stand-alone pedestal. Functions include job start, emergency stop, hold, alarm reset and servo power-up. Includes palm button for cycle start activation, ready signal light and alarm indication light, and positioner auto/manual switch.
- Common equipment base for NX100 controllers and welding power supplies.
- Cell guarding package that meets ANSI/RIA R15.06-1999 safety standard, including: 2.4-m (8') woven wire perimeter safety fence with one access gate and positive break safety switch; arc flash protection curtains; and light curtain at positioner load/unload station.
Motoman Robotics provided two sets of fixtures (one per side of the positioner). Fixtures have hardened details and use manual clamping. No sensors are included. Each fixture accommodates both safe models, including doors. Manual changeover is required between cabinets and doors.