Motoman Robots Arc Welding
Flexible system easily accommodates required part sizes and lengths. System achieves cycle time of 71 minutes per part – 29% faster than the required 100-minute cycle time. Robotic process provides improved weld quality and consistency.
- Provide flexible automated welding system capable of processing several large frame weldments that vary in length from 4,242 mm to 5,410 mm (167" to 213").
- Improve weld quality and consistency over manual welding.
- Reduce cycle time over manual welding operations.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided duplicate custom HP50-20 welding solutions. Each system includes:
- (5) Motoman HP50-20 robots with NX100 robot controller.
- (3) MotoSweep™ “O” HD robot servo beams – heavy-duty overhead radial transport on C-frame base – servo-driven with 3.9 rpm travel speed, 1-second settling time, and ±0.15 mm (0.006") repeatability.
- Servo track, featuring 13-m (42.5') stroke and two 2.4-m (8' L) carriages with anti-collision mechanism.
- (5) Miller Auto Axcess 450 weld packages.
- (5) 550-Amp water-cooled FCAW torches
- (5) Weld dress-out packages, multi-layer weld software, weld gas flow sensors, shielding gas flow meters, and water circulators.
- (5) Torch reamers with automatic wire cutters – (2) floor-mounted on accessory stands and (3) mounted on MotoSweep booms.
- (5) ComArc Seam-Tracking and Touch-Sensing Packages.
- (5) ToolSight® Comprehensive Torch Alignment Packages.
- (2) Extra heavy-duty headstock/tailstock positioners with 7,256.2-kg (16,000-lb) rated load at 150 mm (5.9") off-center CG.
- (2) Mobile tailstock sub-bases – electrically powered manual adjustment for frame length variations with 1,524-mm (60") stroke.
- Operator Station with manual jog.
- Cell guarding package with 3.05-m (10') woven wire perimeter safety fence, with two access gates and positive break safety switches; amber arc flash protection curtains; tri-fold barrier doors at positioner load/unload stations; MotoSweep zone ring; and two three-color beacon lights with audible alarms.
- (2) Common equipment bases for NX100 robot controllers, water circulators and welding power supplies.
Customer provided large manual, bolt-on fixtures. Operators use an air ratchet to tighten metal clamps that hold the individual pre-tacked frames in the fixtures.
Schedule a Consultation
See if robotics is a good fit for your business. Complete this form to talk to an automation specialist with experience in your industry.