Motoman Robots Arc Welding
Heavy Equipment Towers and Tubs
Motoman Robotics provided a fully integrated welding solution to this integrator. Integrator was responsible for tooling and cycle time. Computer simulation models indicate that cycle time will be approximately 25 minutes per part.
- Reach is critical.
- System will weld on three parts: left- and right-hand towers and tubs.
Motoman Robotics Solution
- Motoman Robotics provided a highly flexible solution with extended reach, including:
- Two UP20-6 robots with XRC controller.
- Two Motoman servo gallows with 3.05-m (10-ft) high columns. Robots are invert-mounted.
- Two heavy-duty headstock/tailstock positioners with 3.5 m (11.5 ft) between faceplates and weight capacity of 2,495 kg (5,500 lbs) per side (11,000 lbs total).
- Two 450-amp power sources.
- Two water-cooled torch packages, including brakes on wire feeders and chillers.
- Two Motoman 200-volt ComArc III packages for touchsensing and seam tracking.
- Two Motoman automatic wire cutters (invert-mounted from servo gallows).
- Two start-up kits with 0.045" wire. (Bulk wire feeders to be integrated on site.)
- Allen-Bradley SLC/505 PLC (for fixturing) with PanelView 500 interface.
- Integrated workcell protection, including 3.05-m (10-ft. high) wire fencing, two programmable laser scanners, and two three-color light beacons.
This solution was sold through an integrator, who provided fixtures and tooling for this project.