Motoman Robot Handling, Dispensing, and Press Loading
Automotive Fiberglass Components
Achieved all results predicted by Motoman computer simulation. Cycle time: Met goal of less than three minutes.
- Control resin dispensing process to achieve resin uniformity without porosity and eliminate need to manually flatten out resin surface around preform part edges.
- Achieve accurate placement of large, unwieldy preform into press dies.
- Achieve required cycle time of less than three minutes, including press cycle.
Motoman Robotics Solution
Motoman Robotics provided a flexible multi-process solution, including:
- SK120 robot with MRC controller
- Custom sealant dispensing head
- Custom mechanical gripper with three jaws to pull veil (fiber glass sheet) from automatic sheet dispenser
- Custom fork gripper
- EOA shock sensor common to all three sets of EOA tooling
- Automatic tool changers - one per set of EOA tooling
- 180° indexing turntable positioner with 8-second index time. Features 113.4-kg (250-lb) weight capacity per side, and clear plastic screen dividers
- Two Customer supplied "buck" framework fixtures - one per side of positioner
- Rosenthal Model 3M-60 Sheetmaster™ automatic sheet dispenser with cut-off
- "Master" operator station by press
- "Slave" operator station by positioner
- Interface with Customer supplied PLC that runs the press
- Integrated work cell protection package, including: wire safety fences, light curtains, photo eyes, 4-color status beacon with horn, and safety interlocked gates
Schedule a Consultation
See if robotics is a good fit for your business. Complete this form to talk to an automation specialist with experience in your industry.